Just started my collection, someone can ID my mask ?

Display your Scream stuff for all to see...

Moderator: Ghostface

GoddessOfLove
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Just started my collection, someone can ID my mask ?

Postby GoddessOfLove » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Hello,

I finally started to begin my Scream mask collection :)

I just bought this mask but I wonder if it's a legit one!

Here's the pictures :

I look through the website and the Mask ID is 9206S Fun World Div Easter Unlimited (2010).

It haves a sweet vanilla smell and the texture is latex, also the mask is very white and the right eye have not the same size as the left one and finally it doesn't glow in the dark. I love it by the way, very beautiful mask! Next purchase will be a Fearsome Hooded if I can grab one :)

It's my first time purchasing a mask, do I have a geniune one?

I mean it's not a fake right?

By looking at the website it seems I have this one right?
Identifying Facts.

Item No. #9206 #9206S (Many Types) NOT Metallic Version. (Metallic was #8501)

Overall Length: From top of mask to bottom of chin approximately 30cm (Top of mask to end of chin.)

Material: White Latex,

(Metallic’s were specially painted, also previous molds used were “MK” type on early versions).
Seen in the section 7 below this one.

Shrouds: Black Stretchy shrouds

Mouth Indent: 12.5cm, Shiny Black mouths and Nose’s

Mask types and tags in this category are..

Colours: ‘Vibrant Red’ Metallic Red, Purple, Green, Blue, Silver. Masks were also Glow and Non Glow.

Metallic’s, GhostFace® Tag, 2010 latex version, Zombie Versions 2010, 2011, ASIS Tag (1997).

Smell: Vanilla Smell in all types

Stamp: On the talked about masks here there be the usual “Easter Unlimited inc” Made in China.
However mine don't have ANY stamps on it ??

Am I have been ripped off ?

Can someone tell me EXACTLY what kind of mask I have here ?

By the way sorry for my poor english !

Thank you very much !

Thank you very much !

GoddessOfLove
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Re: Just started my collection, someone can ID my mask ?

Postby GoddessOfLove » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Edit : ok so i found the stamp : Easter Unlimited Made in Dongguan. Still no idea what my mask is tho...

RealMegaMatt
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby RealMegaMatt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:09 pm

well this is a genuine mask its defiantly real and by the way it sounds the stamp is not on the chin and its inside the mask right?

its a newer ghostface mask but not as new as the ones that don't have any smell at all. I would say probably around 2014-2015 cause I believe that's when they started to not stamp them on the chin and moved to inside the mask but I can tell you it is legit and is a real ghostface mask. this mask Is a new mask they still use this mold on the masks today. but they don't have the smell anymore that's why I would say its around 2014-2015. If it would have had just easter unlimited inc made in china on the chin then that would have been a 2010 mask.

GoddessOfLove
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby GoddessOfLove » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks tho,

The stamp is inside the mask yes. I doubt it's from 2014-2015 cause as you can see in my pictures it is written :

And yes, it smell vanilla !

RealMegaMatt
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby RealMegaMatt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:17 pm

all the tags have from 2010-currently have 2010 on them. the ones you will find this year will have 2010 on them also its because the movie scream 4 was made in 2010 and the tags say as seen in the motion picture scream 4 they have to have 2010 on them because of the movie and when it was released if you don't this Halloween go to a local shop and look at the ghostface masks they will say 2010 the ones in 2010 when scream 4 was just launching where the ones with the stamp on the chin

GoddessOfLove
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby GoddessOfLove » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Ok, but I thought the new masks from 2014-2015 were made in plastic, however mine is in white latex, doesn't glow in the dark, and if i'm right, the 2014-2015 mask doesn't have the 9206S reference, while the 2010 have this one.

I purchased this on internet (funidelia store).

I can't find this mask in my country. I live in Belgium and it's actually pretty hard to find a Scream mask in a local store, most of them are fake one.

I also thought Scream 4 was made in 2011 gf_chase

Maybe Ghostface can chime on this if he see my thread :)

RealMegaMatt
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby RealMegaMatt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:31 pm

yes if it doesn't have the smell of vanilla then is defiantly a new mask the masks that have the scream 4 tag and the vanilla smell were stamped on the chin and those were made around the time of the movie making and advertising.

the movie was realeased in 2011 but they were making the masks with those tags in 2010 to get the movie more advertisement they had the movie trailer out in 2010 and also were making those masks with the as seen in scream 4 tags for extra advertising. your masks is a newer mask without the vanilla smell so was made after the movie and that's why I would say that it is a 2014-2015 mask

RealMegaMatt
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby RealMegaMatt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:31 pm

released* I meant woops lol

GoddessOfLove
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby GoddessOfLove » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Ok thank you, but as I already said my mask have a vanilla smell....

I think I may have a 2011 Ultra White Mask

It look like as the one on the right, am I wrong? :)

It says the stamp is relocated to the inner of mask up from the left eyes, just like the one I have !

Maybe Ghostface could definitely tell if I have this one, but regarding the description, I may have the 2011 Ultra White Mask Non Glow.

RealMegaMatt
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby RealMegaMatt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:50 pm

wait so it does have the vanilla smell you said it did then didn't then now did if it does have the vanilla smell and the stamp is in the inside left then yes it is most likely a 2011 ultra white but if it doesn't have the smell and has the stamp on the inside then its a newer mask but if like you said its got the vanilla smell and stamp on inside left by the eye then its a 2011 ultra whit but if not and still has stamp then its a 2014-2015 mask

GoddessOfLove
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby GoddessOfLove » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:01 pm

I never said my mask didnt have a vanilla smell lol mine smells vanilla i can confirm :) so yes im pretty sure now i have a 2011 ultra white mask

RealMegaMatt
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby RealMegaMatt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:06 pm

lol well sorry for the misunderstanding its a ultrawhite

GoddessOfLove
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby GoddessOfLove » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:02 pm

No problem. Im still waiting for Ghostface to confirm thats its indeed an ultra white

GoddessOfLove
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby GoddessOfLove » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Mhhh to be honest, I'm confused, maybe it's a 2011 Ultra White or a 2012 Ultra White I don't know.

The 2011 says it smells vanilla so I would say I still have a 2011 Ultra White since the stamp on the 2012 version is on the chin AND the inside of the mask while mine is chin stampless....

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:16 pm

This topic has gone on a bit... hahaha... :lol: thinq

The mask you have is an 'Ultra White' type... its not latex, its Vinyl/Rubber..

The '2010' date you see on the copyright text is in relation to the film... NOT the MFG date of the mask.

Your MFG date SHOULD be on the bottom of the barcode to the right of the tag. AND inside the mask on a sewn in label.. it should say something like... ' Jan-Mar 2015 ' or something like it... Maybe ' Apr-Jun 2014 ' .... Depends where its from i suppose and what stock it came from...

The ' 9206S ' is an item number of the mask that is on many types of Ghostface mask, it isn't for one type only, it covers Latex types, Vinyl Rubber types, and glow and non glow versions among others...

As Matt says.. some newer masks DONT have the Vanilla smell and some do.. i have some 2015 masks.. the ultra white 2015 masks i have DONT smell... the LATEX 2015 masks i have DO smell.... Why i dont know.. but it varies on many masks made today for some reason.

Your mask is DEFINITELY a REAL mask, and an Ultra White... Please get a picture of the bar-code on the back of the tag, and see if theres one or two labels inside.. if there is.. post pictures of them.

Thanks

KComm1