Need help identifying a mask I found.

Display your Scream stuff for all to see...

Moderator: Ghostface

djj123
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Need help identifying a mask I found.

Postby djj123 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:43 am

I found this mask in my friend's basement and he let me keep it. I'm a huge fan of the Scream series and was ecstatic! I've been wanting a Ghostface mask for so long after stumbling upon this site and discovering the vast amount of different mask makes there were. I think it's a hoodless reshoot type because of the TD stamp, but there is no stamp on the left side of the mask to indicate where in China it was made. Does that really matter in terms of identifying the type? Its style is different from a lot of other reshoot/walgreens type makes I've seen.

The mask was in a bag that contained some sort of barcode that I was able to google search, it also included a long strip of shroud fabric. When I searched the barcode the item it pulled up was the 97' ASIS costume set. The shroud strip and barcode are not pictured as I threw them away not realizing how important it could be in the process of this.

Hope to hear back from someone soon, these boards look kind of dead.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Re: Need help identifying a mask I found.

Postby Ghostface » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Hello... Welcome to the site/forum... It seems that what you have there is as you thought... part of a costume package... for some reason in recent-ish years Fun World have started putting only small pieces of a shroud on the costume masks... meaning the only part normally on the mask is on the bottom half of the mask, and an elastic strap then has the job of holding the mask on the head.... Earlier TD molds didnt have the raised stamps at the top side of the mask... so you have an older TD type there... one that in a normal shrouded form would have had the older Black and Red Tag attached... In this case, its a costume mask... these are always in a clear plastic bag in the costume pack... some have barcodes, others dont... i have an older HN Fearsome in the same type bag...

Hope this helps..
GhostFace

KComm1