Arnold Scream Locations

Info on our Fan Films based on Scream...

Moderator: Ghostface

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Arnold Scream Locations

Postby Ghostface » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:43 pm

This is for a personal record from the webpages..

Ghostface talk

Welcome,
Here ill explain to all the world what “Arnold Scream” is.
It is beause of the popularity of the Scream Trilogy amongst me and my friends.
We have been “filming” since late 1999 our own Mess around Killings and scenes in any places we can get.
From 1999 we carried on doing loads of different killings and getting more people to film as humanly possible in our group of friends.We kept filming on and off up until 2004,then it died off a bit and every now and then we would go back to our favourite place to film which was called Woodborough.
Below are Various Locations where we have filmed over the years,from the very start and up to this day where we still go.

ImageImage
Newstead Abbey
Location Rating: 4/5

An old historic house on the outskirts of Nottingham.
Surrounded by woodland and a nice big lake in the middle of it! What more could we ask for for a filming location! We first headed up there approximately in 2000 and did a couple of random kills in a car park that was surrounded by trees,the footage was ok but continues to be lost to this day! We was using an old JVC camcorder at the time and it didnt pick up too well due to having no “Night Vision” we returned there a while after to find the car park had a barrier installed so we couldnt get in there. More recently we went back there for “Arnold Scream 4” and after filming a slight scene we encountered an old lady who said she didnt want us there.We departed to shut her up!

ImageImage
Burntstump Park
Inbetween Newstead abbey and Nottingham basically!
We filmed a couple of times there and got some good footage,one tape i have lost and cant find the footage and one i still have which is the picture here. A good chase was done here and we saw a lady who owned a house at the back of the park,we told her the filming was for college and she approved us,Or so she said,(Stopped her phoning the police i suppose) The other footage we got was in a different part of the park to whats seen on the picture,there is another car park further up next to the Police Headquarters which is unlit at night (Well,it was then) we filmed a chase here on a random drive one night,you couldnt see exactly what was happening until the cast ran past the camera as we had no Night Vision then and the main camera light was at home at the time.A good location when quiet and we may even return one day.

ImageImage
Highfields Campus
A place where most people go in the summer to chill out and relax,with a boating lake and old buildings that surround the lake,this in some ways reminds me of Scream 2! Students are constantly around and when we are there they always look on with either smiles or weird frowns as some do wonder what we are doing. Highfields played a big part for “Arnold Scream 2” As it was the summertime when we did film it was good to set Ghostface loose. Although highfields doesnt have
the deepest lake we did do 3 scenes where the cast got to cool off from the sun,it was a hot summer and broke records with high temperatures,taking advantage of the lake was Gareth,Geeson,and Noble as they all ended up going in Thanks to Killer!

ImageImage
Dakins old Office
Situated on Nottinghams Priory Island,Well sort of.. It sits quietly behind a Petrol Station,The offices were shared by a couple of companies,at the time we had decided to put a story into our filming which started "Arnold Scream 3" Dakin was always working at night and it was hard to get Lee and Shakey out too... So, Comprimise... Dakin had a building with just a ground floor and a first floor,the advantages were that the weather couldnt ruin it and nobody was in or out interuppting either.. The first scene was made and edited and came out well,we left Dakin for a while and started on other scenes,Spinney Woods and Wilford hill Graveyard outskirts were used and also a return to Woodborough.. At the time it was still hard to get cast out due to working hours or sunday nights out.. So we return to dakin to make his short scene into an extra long one.Keira was available one night and came out with a new face at the time "John RS" a "Doorman in training" at the time.. small cast but a scene was done,a scene that was 5 minutes was almost hitting the 33 minute mark.. Just over a quarter of the film was done here..

ImageImage
Woodborough Phonebox
Location Rating: 5/5
Where it all Started!
Woodborough has been the very Heart of most of our filming,with strange looks and cars slowing down to see if they really saw Ghostface. Woodborough will always continue to be the main Location for our “Arnold Scream” Fan films.Sadly though Woodborough has become a "Noisy Village" nowdays due to no end of cars driving through continuously when we film,its getting worse im sure,the new nickname for it is the "New M1" for us filming lot,but a return to this location is due soon after "Final Hours" is finished as the last film see's us returning there to get out of Ghostface's Main gaze.. HOPEFULLY we should'nt have too much bother,although one of the last few times we were there some dozy old couple drove by us and our killer,the killer had one foot on the road and was standing half on and off the pavement(Not enough to concern motorists or nosy bastards passing) but after a car went by slowly and past us this particular couple phoned the Police,telling them that our killer had jumped out infront of them,which was TOTAL BULLCRAP,the Police arrived and we moved on without causing any crap because they would'nt have believed us anyway.

ImageImage
Breedon On The Hill
At the back of East Midlands Airport "Basically"... The hill winds round until the top is reached,revealing the church and graveyard..Next to it is a massive quarry,Fences surround the church and leave open a big view with a complete 360 swoop over the airport and power station etc etc... This was suggested as a place to film by "Fly mike" who was a newer character in the latest film "Arnold Scream 4" It proved to be a good place for filming and after doing one scene there i knew we had to go back again! We did return on June 3,2007.. We had Phil Whyman and his Partner with us "Sara" and some of the present cast,A good scene was filmed in the daytime,(Instead of the usual night filming) and this put the ending on "Arnold Scream 4" We "May" return there for the last film,but not sure yet as the story has to be completed and properly continued first... The only reason for the rating being only one figure off full marks is because when we film there at night we have cars coming and going all the time with thumping stereos and noisy exhausts.. Better in the day!! Although the day filming was ok there was one person who thought it was disrespectful and commented to us on this,we only did a few seconds near to where he referred but we were finished anyway.No matter where you go in Nottingham (Derelict or in use) There's always a MOANER! ALWAYS!

ImageImage
Bestwood Park
Location Rating: 3/5
Although we didnt do lots of filming here we did enjoy doing it at this location. First time we filmed we had about 30 cadetts watching us and laughing. One night i went up there on my own to scare the lad who watched the car park who was a little asian lad,when i jumped out it was a different lad! A night he wont forget easily! On the occasions where we did film scenes it was only the one time as mentioned,but it was a night like no other filming one as halfway through it my Girlfriend (at the time) phoned to say she had won a Radio Competition and to listen for it to be aired,after minutes went by we heard her win and returned to filming,we had two deaths up here,Myself and Original Killer Marko! What passers by that there were may have been somewhat confused or just stayed well clear of us as the part of the park where we killed off Mark was also a part where further down somebody hanged themselves a few years previous due to watching a Ghost program live at the time,"Ghostwatch" Also after that death came a couple of others in this Country park too.
Not the nicest of situations i know but the whole park is spooky at night and a scream mask does fit well to deter unwanted people from bothering you.

ImageImage
Lambley Village
Location Rating: 2/5
Right next door to woodborough!
Lambley has proved to be a good place to film over the years.with a small village pub and a garage it is a small area to film. One night we filmed we ended up killing off people near a bus stop which lead to a chase. Unknown to us we was killing victims on a front garden! Whoops! We have returned there on a couple of occasions and one time we were parked in the pubs car park which was the Nags Head (At the time,its changed now) whilst filming across from the pub we came back to the car park and at the time we saw a woman and kids exit the pub,they commented between themselves about our killer (Which was me at that time) so i decided to give them a scare,as they went to exit the car park i hid behind the main wall which circles it and jumped out as they pulled off,the girls screamed and the driver took it as a joke thankfully,she edged out very slowly and continued down the road,as she carried on her slow speed i got to the side of the vehicle and lunged at the back window and the scream's came again,jokingly a mate said,"Would'nt it be funny if she came back for you" She DID,so her kids got another scare,she didnt return again,but many remember this.

ImageImage
Used for "Arnold Scream 3" We had a chase going out of Woodborough heading towards Oxton,this road has its fair share of lorries and Grandad drivers,with being close to "Quiet Villages" as they say.. Off this road is Calverton,Oxton,Epperstone,Gunthorpe,Shelford,and Bingham,This is one long road leading to all other places too,also with its length it was good for a scene,Never before had we filmed on it.. The traffic was almost quiet on the night but as i anticipated there is always lorries somewhere.. The camera started to record and all was quiet apart from the odd car... My car comes into view and BANG!! Lorry goes by muffling the engines roar as Ghostface gives pursuit!!! Typical!!! Not the worst place to film though! Due to new Changes in the road since filming we wont be returning there i dont think,not for any bad reason,just mainly its a busy road most the time,the best time to film there would be in the very early hours of the morning as in 3am but i dont think any cast would want to be doing scenes at that time im sure,plus it was only by chance at the time it was decided for use in the chase scene we were doing.Better then using the M1 though.

ImageImage
Lambley Jump
A remembered place by a few of my friends,a long long time ago i was remembered for going over this road at a certain point in my old Nova... Friends were filming and it was and STILL is remembered for my car going into flight for a couple of seconds.. the ground was hit with a clump and sparks came from the exhaust... I decided it needed to be re-created. So be it.... "Arnold Scream 3" had a woodborough scene with 2 characters going in search of "Shakey" they parted in their cars and were followed minutes later by Ghostface. The two then met up at Lambley Jump where Ghostface lay waiting... This is a good place to film nowdays with nobody around.. although this time we had people on 2-way radios telling us it was safe to go over the jump with no other cars approaching... we did it all well but the camera wasnt recording!! Typical yet again! A second time saw our 2 cars go over without bother but a car did come the opposite way which meant we lost alot of speed compared to my old days there...