Scream: Vengeance

Fan Scripts by Scream Fans

Moderator: Ghostface

josephchoi
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Scream: Vengeance

Postby josephchoi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:40 am

a short script I wrote because I got bored.

INT. HOUSE- NIGHT

DARKNESS.

PHONE RINGING.

THE CLOCK: it is 1:30AM.

A male hand reaches for the wireless telephone resting upon its stand. Slowly, the quiet noise of the night fills the screen- the rustle of the bed, the faint hoots of an owl-

The hand brings the receiver to the face of KEVIN WILLARD, a first-year university student. Friendly guy, whose face is currently marked with the imprints of the pillow, and the ever-present imprints of the spectacles that rests upon the bridge of his nose.

Kevin:

(groggily)

H-hello?

The familiar, grating voice.

MAN'S VOICE:

Hello Kevin.

KEVIN:

Who is this?

MAN'S VOICE:

Well we don't want to spoil the surprise just yet, do we?

KEVIN:

What?- who is this?

MAN'S VOICE:

Oh, but I think you know.

Kevin sighs as he sleepily rubs his eyes. He rolls towards his back.

KEVIN:

Whatever, man. I don't need this shit- I'm going to sleep, peace.

MAN'S VOICE:

Don't hang up-

But Kevin has already hung up. He tosses the phone to the side, and immediately falls asleep.

Silence.

Outside his door, in the long hallway, a figure with a PALE VISAGE can be seen faintly standing- however, he is out of focus, and we cannot with accuracy tell him apart from the background. By the time we focus in on the background, he is gone. Perhaps he was never there- save for the movement.

Nothing.

The phone rings again. Unending. Its whine is sharp against the silence that fills this room, eventually stirring Kevin awake again.

KEVIN:

(annoyed)

What do you want?

Stacy:

Thanks for your warm welcome- sorry if I woke you.

KEVIN:

Yeah, you did, actually. It IS kinda half past one in the morning.

STACY:

Sorry- I just called to ask you some questions about the test tomorrow.

KEVIN:

Jesus Christ- why didn't you call up one of your Asian friends or something? Hugo? Wayne?

STACY:

They're either busy or asleep, like you.

KEVIN:

So you call up your boyfriend to ask some questions about the psych midterm...

STACY:

Well.. yeah... I just have one question that was bugging me...

Suddenly, the voice changes to the familiar grating male voice.

MAN'S VOICE:

What would your insides look like hanging off a hook?

At this, Kevin jumps up, instantly awake. His eyes are filled with terror.

KEVIN:

What?

MAN'S VOICE:

I want to gut you like a fish and leave your insides hanging on the meat hook.

KEVIN:

Who is this?

MAN'S VOICE:

Oh, I think you know. I think you remember. 3 years ago, Kevin.

KEVIN:

(faintly)

what?

MAN'S VOICE:

What's the matter, Jason? You sound like you've seen a ghost.

KEVIN:

(faintly)

What did you call me?

MAN'S VOICE:

Oh, I know of your past deeds. I'm the ghost of Christmas Past, Jason, and I'm here to shake the shackles of your forgotten sins!

KEVIN looks up-

flashback

A quick flash of a bacchanalian party-

A bruised and battered girl by the side-

The opened bottle of pills labeled ROHYPNOL-

A fight- a slight bespectacled boy in his late teens is being beaten furiously by a larger teen.

In the crowd surrounding them is KEVIN, cheering-

INT. HOUSE- night

He sits up, horrified. He remembers.

KEVIN:

Look- you've got it all wrong! There was nothing I could have done! You knew the guy- he was drunk and high- hell we all were-

MAN'S VOICE:

Cut the shit, Kev. All that isn't worth a spit when you realize you were there. You watched, like it was some fucking game show.

KEVIN:

Please- I'm sorry-

MAN'S VOICE:

Oh, you're not sorry. Not yet. But you will be.

KEVIN:

Please... Just- what do you want me to do?

MAN'S VOICE:

Always the one to cut to the chase, eh, Jason?

Silence. Kevin waits, apprehensive- but no answer is coming.

KEVIN:

H-hello?

MAN'S VOICE:

I want a game.

KEVIN:

A-a game?

MAN'S VOICE:

Yes- all you have to do is answer my questions. If you answer all four of them correctly, you will carry on your miserable life as if nothing had happened. Clear?

Kevin is silent, mulling it over.

MAN'S VOICE:

(cont'd)

Clear?

KEVIN:

Y-yeah.

MAN'S VOICE:

Good.

Kevin slowly gets up, and moves towards the window, trying to get a better view- wherever the voice was coming from, it sounded fairly close. The branches snapping faintly in the background, and the dog barking in tandem with the "real" barking outside suggested it to be potentially in the neighborhood.

MAN'S VOICE:

(maliciously, gleefully)

What's your favorite scary movie?

Silence. KEVIN'S mind is RACING. His eyelid flutters as he forcibly tries to concentrate. With a shaking hand he wipes away the sweat upon his brow.

KEVIN:

Uh, shit- Carrie. With Sissy Spacek.

MAN'S VOICE:

Good. Good. Second question: What was the name of the actress who played Norma Watson, who also played Lynda in Halloween?

KEVIN:

Fuck- uh, uh...

A tense silence.

MAN'S VOICE:

Oh, might I remind you, you have a 30 second time limit. You currently have 15 seconds left. 14...13...12...

KEVIN:

It was PJ Soles! PJ Soles! She was the fucking, uh, she was the one who got choked by Michael Myers with the telephone cord!

MAN'S VOICE:

Good. Good. Only one more to go. Then you're free. I'll be out of your pathetic excuse of a life.

KEVIN breathes a sigh of relief. He wipes away the sweat that had accumulated on his forehead. He leans against the window, sees where he is situated, and moves away. Behind him, we can see the ghostly outline of GHOSTFACE. His gaze follows KEVIN, before he too walks away.

MAN'S VOICE:

Now for the final question: What did Mrs. White say to herself after Carrie leaves for the prom?

The stumper:

A tense silence ensues. KEVIN slides down besides his bed, weakly holding onto the bedpost for support. He sees his life flashing before his eyes. He blinks, but his mind is drawing a blank.

MAN'S VOICE:

Tick tock tick tock-

KEVIN:

I-I... I don't know.

MAN'S VOICE:

(cont'd)

Perhaps you'd better have checked the lock!

KEVIN RUNS towards the front door, and locks it. He turns towards the garage door, locks that, and heads towards the back door to lock it. They are all now locked. Sighing, he turns- to see the WINDOWS open. He heads towards the living room.

int. living room- night

KEVIN stands in the living room. Alone. All we hear is a dead silence. KEVIN faces the kitchen, breathing hard in fear. Behind him in the distance, is the faint figure of GHOSTFACE, his WHITE VISAGE seemingly GLOWING in the moonlight.

MAN'S VOICE:

Now the question you should be asking me is- where am I?

KEVIN turns around sharply- to see GHOSTFACE standing with the phone.

MAN'S VOICE:

(Stacy's voice)

You can't run from your past forever.

KEVIN stumbles backwards, falling over. He jumps up as soon as he touches the floor, scrambling wildly to get away. GHOSTFACE immediately follows, brandishing his knife.

KEVIN runs through the living room, with GHOSTFACE close behind. GHOSTFACE wildy swings the KNIFE, its deadly tip BARELY missing its mark. By pure luck, GHOSTFACE manages to grab KEVIN by the collar. KEVIN trips and falls. GHOSTFACE takes a wild swing-

KEVIN'S arm is SLICED open.

GHOSTFACE lands a vicious right hook on KEVIN, who, in his struggle, manages to kick the killer away. GHOSTFACE lands two feet away in a sprawl.

He loses the grip of the knife.

KEVIN, sensing this sudden opportunity, exploits it by GRABBING for the KNIFE. He PLUNGES it towards GHOSTFACE, who moves out of the way just in time to escape what would have been a certain demise. Instead, he knocks away the knife in KEVIN'S hands. From underneath the robe, GHOSTFACE produces ANOTHER knife. He slowly gets up, knife in hand. KEVIN attempts to land a left hook, which misses. Instead, GHOSTFACE grabs the fist, and pulls KEVIN towards him. The KNIFE plunges into KEVIN'S SIDE with an audible "SNIKT".

KEVIN cries in in pain.

GHOSTFACE pulls it out, and WAVES the now bloodied blade in front of KEVIN, almost as if to taunt him.

One hand grabbing his side, KEVIN manages to land a hook, which sends GHOSTFACE reeling. He collapses into a heap. Limping, KEVIN manages to get up, grunting in pain as he does so, and makes his way towards the FRONT DOOR.

int. hallway- night

KEVIN walks down the interminable hallway. Is it his painfully slow progress hampered by his potentially mortal wound? Is it that the hallways is just too long? Perhaps it is both. KEVIN makes his way down the hallway.

Slowly.

Painfully.

Finally, he reaches the front entrance-

The phone by the racks of umbrellas. Ringing. KEVIN watches the phone for a moment, afraid to pick up. Fearfully, with SHAKING hands hampered by trepidation, KEVIN picks up the phone.

MAN'S VOICE:

You can't run from me!

In a state of shock, KEVIN backs up into the looming figure- to knock over a trenchcoat on a coat rack. From the phone the man's laughter echoes maniacally. Kevin springs back up, and trips over himself, trying to get away from the black lump.

MAN'S VOICE:

Running won't help you, Kevin. Before you find an exit and manage to unlock the door, I will have found you.

KEVIN snaps. He begins to sob uncontrollably.

KEVIN:

I'm sorry- I'm sorry. I- I didn't know. Just please let me live. I'll do anything! Please!

MAN'S VOICE:

Don't beg. It's disgusting.

But KEVIN cannot stop.

MAN'S VOICE:

(cont'd)

In fact, I'd rather watch where I'm going, if I were you!

True terror washes over KEVIN, and he stumbles backwards to-

EXTREME CLOSE UP: kevin's eyes

The wall. A white wall. The maniacal laughter has ended, and the phone clicks. KEVIN still holds the phone to his ear, despite the dial tone that comes from it.

Silence.

Slowly, KEVIN lowers the phone. He looks around wildly for the figure. He stands up, his feet failing him as he does so.

Silence. It drags on seemingly for eternity.

KEVIN slowly makes his way around the corner-

GHOSTFACE appears. He does a slow head tilt, then roughly grabs for KEVIN by the scruff of his neck, knocking him to the floor. On one hand is the VOICE CHANGER.

MAN'S VOICE:

The past is not at rest! The past remembers your sins... and it will destroy you.

Acting purely on instinct, KEVIN violently pulls away, trying to escape. By pure LUCK, it works- GHOSTFACE loses grip of the shirt, and KEVIN manages to also KICK ghostface away, who doubles up in pain. GHOSTFACE manages to SLICE through KEVIN'S calf, and KEVIN falls over, losing his balance.

GHOSTFACE grabs his leg, pulling KEVIN towards him. KEVIN cries out in surprise and PAIN. GHOSTFACE now LOOMS over KEVIN. GHOSTFACE slowly raises his knife, which GLEAMS in the moonlight. The knife comes down in a BLOODY ARC-

KEVIN coughs up copious amount of blood, as his life ebbs from his wound. In a fit of rage, GHOSTFACE REPEATEDLY stabs KEVIN. His body simply lays limp, as blood pools around him in a crimson halo. Finally, GHOSTFACE slowly stands up. He turns his head upwards, almost as if to take in the sent. He slowly turns towards the camera, then walks off.

fade out:

title

SCREAM: Vengeance.

/roll credits.

josephchoi
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Re: Scream: Vengeance

Postby josephchoi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:51 am

critiques? thoughts?

scream_4_me
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Re: Scream: Vengeance

Postby scream_4_me » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:34 pm

I am hopeless at reviews and such but what I can say is that I would love to read much more to the story. It was great stuff. I want to see the whole movie now, lol. If you was to write ore, that would be great.

Adam