Talk about new films here..

Moderator: Ghostface

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Halloween 3D

Postby ScreamKing » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:25 pm

From LA TIMES:

Halloween II" may not have won the box office this weekend, but Weinstein Co. is taking a lesson from the movie that did as it prepares a sequel for next summer.

The independent studio's co-Chairman Bob Weinstein said today that the 3-D sequel, titled, appropriately enough, "Halloween 3D," is in development.

The investment it takes to shoot movies in digital 3-D has proved particularly lucrative for horror films. For "The Final Destination," this weekend's No. 1 movie, theaters with at least one 3-D screen earned 3.25 times as much as those that showed the movie in 2-D only, according to distributor Warner Bros. That's substantially higher than for other recent releases. The equivalent 3-D multiple for last month's "G-Force," for instance, was only 1.7 on its first weekend. For July's "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" it was 1.4 andm for June's "Up" it was 2.2. January horror flick "My Bloody Valentine" earned 6.4 times as much from 3-D theaters as it did from 2-D on its opening weekend.

Weinstein said Rob Zombie, who directed "Halloween II" and 2007's reboot of the 31-year-old horror series, won't return for "Halloween 3-D." He said the studio is in negotiations with a new director, whom he declined to name, who has experience in horror and has a "different take" on the franchise."
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Halloween 3D

Postby cj13 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Im Really Happy about This i for one loved the 2nd and cant wait to see whats in store for the 3rd
especially in 3d that is going to be really interesting all i hope right now is scout taylor compton will be in it

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Haven't seen the second yet... Curse you UK Cinemas! :evil:

But just heard about this and was going to post that info, I seriously, seriously, seriously, hope they don't do it in 3D before I got banned on OHMB lol there was a thread on Halloween 3 and Halloween 3D was a topic on there, we were all saying how stupid it was but the predictable Weinstein Company decide to do it in 3D because opening weekend wasn't as good, Malek Akkad needs to step in and stop it. I'm all for more sequels but Michael Myers in 3D is an awful idea IMHO. I hope that it isn't placed on the fast track, but they're already planning it so they've got a year to do it
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:23 pm

I feel any new Halloween movie without Rob Zombie is a huge step up. I HATED the remake. Haven't seen H2 yet, I'll be checking it out tomorrow and I'll let you guys know what I think about it.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 pm

im starting to think about and i dont think 3D is a good idea but im just happy about another one.
but hopefully its good as a 2D movie too.
all im worried about is scout taylor compton returns.
if you seen the ending of the 2nd you will crave for what happens next

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:39 am

I just saw H2 tonight. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. A step up from the first one that's for sure. I just dislike Rob Zombie's take on the legend Michael Myers. And do you notice how every single character in 1 and 2 are freaks. Not one normal person is in it.
'

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Maloney » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Halloween series is one of my favourites, and i think they should of stopped at Resurrection..really..i think they should of, i think Resurrection was much better then the re-make, they should'nt of re-made Halloween atall, i'm glad there not re-making scream and just making another sequal.

~Maloney
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Maloney » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:58 pm

XXChrisieXX wrote:resurection had to be one of the worst ones
it was better then the re-make.

~Maloney
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:42 pm

So you guys know...

There are rumours floating around saying that this may be another reboot and according to BD Patrick Lussier (the guy who directed My Bloody Valentine 3D) was in talks to direct.
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:49 pm

he is a good choice

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Alexandre Aja (Hills Have Eyes remake, Mirrors, Switchblade Romance/High Tension) was also rumoured to direct but instantly shot down the rumours.

EDIT:
Spoiler: show
Wow, found out the ending for H2 (which I'm pissed off about) and the damage Michael takes is extreme, by the looks of it if they decide to do another film it may be a reboot again I don't think they can bring Michael back without bringing in some serious supernatural stuff

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:34 am

This is sweet!
(From The Official Site)

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Nice! Very cool little teaser image.

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:05 pm

Update... It's been confirmed that Patrick Lussier will direct and Todd Farmer will write the next film, as My Bloody Valentine was awesom I'm looking forward to this :) Apparently they'll be taking this film in a different direction.

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:08 pm

I dont know... Todd Farmer isn't that good of a writer. Well we'll see...