Opening Scene

Talk about the first sequel here.

Moderator: Ghostface

psychopaul
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Re: Opening Scene

Postby psychopaul » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

I agree with many of you on here, the opening scene was a total shocker! I mean for starter's you have another well known actress, Jada Pinket. Then we see her and her on screen boyfriend (Omar Epps) get brutally murdered, but the big shocker to me was that she was killed in front of a whole movie theatre audience! To me that is one of the most brutal, shocking opening scenes in horror movie history, since John Carpenters 'Halloween' when we see a young 6yr old Michael Myers stab his 17yr old sister to death.

The Gale hideing in the sound room scene is also another favourite of mine, very suspenceful, as we aren't quite sure if she's gonna make it out alive, and then we get hit with another shock moment when we see our hero, Dewey Riley get stabbed and thrown up against the window, and we see Gale get so emotional seeing Dewey slowly fall to his supposed death, but at the end we get a good sigh of relief as we see that Dewey survived.

RKIL KillerOrig KComm1 Mask1
[color=red][b][i]Billy: Now Sid, Don't you blame the movies, movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative![/i][/b][/color]

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 pm

The opening scene really sets the tone for SCREAM 2. That despite the popularity of the STAB film you should take Ghostface very serious. It's very in your face with that approach.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:41 pm

It's that kind of atmosphere i like in cinema screens, sadly i only had a good atmosphere in the SCARY MOVIE showing i went to.. wish Scream 2 and 3 had been the same..
Everything about the scene though, is dark and creepy, even the toilets are atmospheric..

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm with you there. I enjoy that kind of atmosphere. With everything that has gone out I doubt it can ever be that way in theaters again.