A Couple Always Dies First...

Talk about Scream 4 here.

Moderator: Ghostface

detectivekincaid
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

A Couple Always Dies First...

Postby detectivekincaid » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:50 pm

In Scream, Casey Becker and Steven Orth died first. In Scream 2, it was Maureen Evans and Phil Stevens. In Scream 3, it was Cotton Weary and his girlfriend, Christine. So one can't help but suspect that in Scre4m, Dewey and Gale will die first. What do you think? Gale1 Dew1
Kincaid - We're dealing with an ordinary, flesh and blood killer. And I know how to handle guys like that.

Sidney - Oh yeah, how?

Kincaid - Catch him... or kill him.

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Re: A Couple Always Dies First...

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:27 pm

It's very possible that could happen. All signs seem to point to yes but one can't be too sure.

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:33 pm

I think it will most likely be a couple as the first films suggest, i don't think it will be Dewey and gale though. I mean why would they (david and courtney) be so excited and make a point to talk about the film on multiple occasions....unless they are reverting back the drew Barrymore advertising trick? hyped as starring roles only to be offed in the first frames of the film.
When I wear this badge, You treat Me like a man of the law!

Taylor
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby Taylor » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Maybe they might try something different this time, since its been 10 yrs since they actually produced the last film.. well I like to joke around a lot, so I was thinking maybe they might as well have lesbians die to start us off!! :D
signature thanks to stuandbilly

witchemz
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby witchemz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:22 am

Gale and Dewey might die (you never know until it comes out) but i don't think they will die first. Gale1 Dew1

detectivekincaid
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby detectivekincaid » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:14 pm

To be honest I hope Sidney dies first. I know, that's so awful of me. But that will tell the audience that this isn't another sequel of Scream. That it's not another Sidney the survivor movie. That this trilogy will be different.
Kincaid - We're dealing with an ordinary, flesh and blood killer. And I know how to handle guys like that.

Sidney - Oh yeah, how?

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:07 pm

detectivekincaid wrote:To be honest I hope Sidney dies first. I know, that's so awful of me. But that will tell the audience that this isn't another sequel of Scream. That it's not another Sidney the survivor movie. That this trilogy will be different.

:o gasp.
When I wear this badge, You treat Me like a man of the law!

ruive05
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby ruive05 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:06 pm

detectivekincaid wrote:To be honest I hope Sidney dies first. I know, that's so awful of me. But that will tell the audience that this isn't another sequel of Scream. That it's not another Sidney the survivor movie. That this trilogy will be different.
Yeah, I somewhat agree with you.. But a part of me wants her to make it to the very end

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 pm

They can still show that they aren't just another Sidney the Survivor movie by killing her near the end. That's what I would prefer because you know as soon as you see her at the beginning, there would be no surprise. Her dying later on would be more of a surprise.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

detectivekincaid
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby detectivekincaid » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:12 pm

I don't know what is going to happen but I can't wait to see it take course. I just hope there aren't any leaks on the internet because it needs to be a surprise. KComm1 Maskblue KillerOrig Kvb

Sidney - Oh yeah, how?

hellosidney
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby hellosidney » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:56 pm

If Sidney dies in this film (or at least if she dies at the beginning) I will weep. Right there in the cinema. I don't want and I don't think that Gale and/or Dewey will be killed off, either. I think the original characters should last so as to at least ease into the new trilogy, and not straight off leave us with a bunch of underdeveloped characters - if the whole film consists mainly of these new characters, whom I am very sceptical about (probably unfairly), I think the whole thing will be ruined for me. I mean I'm hoping they can pull it off, but the whole reason I enjoy the first 3 is the whole 90s feel and pop culture references and character development, and I'm trusting that they carry on with that and don't kill the franchise.
Back to the subject, I think one of the surviving minor characters (Martha Meeks, perhaps? Then again maybe not as she could be revived as a more major character. Just an example.) should be killed off, alongside a love interest. Although saying that, it doesn't have to be someone from a previous movie to follow the pattern so I say, as long as they develop the characters enough, make them likeable etc., go ahead and create some new characters to kill off at the beginning. I think that's the best option and one that I would like to see.
She's sweet, she's deadly, she's bad for your teeth.

JohnStone1987
New Suspect
New Suspect

Postby JohnStone1987 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:37 am

Ghostface_Scre4m wrote:It's very possible that could happen. All signs seem to point to yes but one can't be too sure.
Like hell it does. Just cause it seems like they're the only couple doesn't mean they're getting killed. Hell at the start of S3 no one knew Cotton had a GF. I guarantee at the start it's gonna be a random couple that has some kind of plug in to the storylines.

Sidney Prescott
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby Sidney Prescott » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 pm

I think that Gale and Dewey will not die.They're one of the main characters.

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:13 pm

JohnStone1987 wrote:
Ghostface_Scre4m wrote:It's very possible that could happen. All signs seem to point to yes but one can't be too sure.
Like hell it does. Just cause it seems like they're the only couple doesn't mean they're getting killed. Hell at the start of S3 no one knew Cotton had a GF. I guarantee at the start it's gonna be a random couple that has some kind of plug in to the storylines.
The key word being "seem". In fact anyone could die in this movie. Someone was mentioning earlier about charater developement. Sure as a longtime Scream fan I don't want to see any of the orginal 3 die but if it advances the story and progresses the characters then I'm all for it. I think back to Scream and think about how we didn't know anything about the characters but we quickly knew their story. This could easily happen in Scream 4. Whatever may happen I'm hoping it's as good as the first one because the next generation needs a shock in the horror genre. :Oo

detectivekincaid
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby detectivekincaid » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:44 pm

I agree with you, Ghostface_Scream, but I would rather see one of the original get killed than all 3 convienently escape the 4th attack they had faced. BLEGF GFLP3 ZMGF S4KL GFLP ZGF2 KillerOrig Kvb RKIL GFLP2 SCMGF SCGF KComm1 Maskblue Mask1 KillerOrig

Sidney - Oh yeah, how?