Scream 4 WONT be in 3D!

Check for the latest Scream 5 news here.

Moderator: Ghostface

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Scream 4 WONT be in 3D!

Postby Ghostface » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Good News today then! Scream 4 Wont be in 3D! and Kevin nearly has the first draft finished! Below is from Moviehole or click the links!

http://www.moviehole.net/201023260-no-3-d-for-scream-4

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_co ... Itemid=172

Good News! “Scream” (and “Vampire Diaries”) scribe Kevin Williamson says he’s almost finished writing the script for “Scream 4”!

Better News! “Scream 4” won’t be in 3-D!!

“I don't think Scream lends itself to a 3-D film”, Williamson tells IESB. “3-D films are all about things being thrown at you. One of the things that Scream does is that it talks about those movies and sends them up, so actually putting in that device probably wouldn't work. I don't think it's an option. We're the movie that makes fun of it. I can imagine Stab being done in 3-D, but not Scream”.

As a screenwriter - one who has a 3-D film in production, and has also written for a TV series that featured an effective 3D episode - I agree with Williamson : some films just don't call for it. And quite honestly, "Scream" is a film that works without it.

Also pleasing is the news that Neve Campbell finally agreed to reprise her role as Sydney Prescott, the heroine of the first three films.

“ I was always holding out hope because the pitch was about those three characters. I didn't want to have to re-route the whole story. We don't have to do that. I can do it exactly the way I want wanted. The story is going to be told the way I originally conceived it.’’

Williamson believes what works about the “Scream” films as opposed to the “Saw” films is you care about the characters.

‘’The fun of the film is that it's Sydney Prescott. That's the difference and you care about her. I want to write a story where you actually care about our characters and it's a plot that you watch them walk through. It's not all about the next kill. It's not all about slice and dice. I was watching Saw VI on pay per view the other night and I was like, "This is really just going from one kill to the next, to the next." It's fun, but I want to tell a story.’’

But surely Sydney’s not going to be the obligatory pre-credits death?

‘’The story has to start somewhere’’, Williamson says.

(Kev, did you just let rip with a major spoiler there!?)

"Scream 4", reuniting Campbell with Courteney Cox and David Arquette, films in April.

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Re: Scream 4 WONT be in 3D!

Postby Maloney » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 pm

That's great news!!
it's going to be quiet funny when scream 4 is released and we've all seen it and were here to tell that we followed kevin on twitter as he was writing it.
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

JohnStone1987
New Suspect
New Suspect

Postby JohnStone1987 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Anyone kinda hoping that Neve dies or we have a new Main Character?

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 pm

Not die i don't think,would be a shame to see her survive all 3 films to be killed in the first ten minutes.. i didn't like the "Back seat" she took in "3", preferred her character as it was in 1+2... but i do hope for some good new characters too yes..

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:34 am

if sidney dies im standing up in the theater and going to yell "Buuullll Shiiiit" and walk out...

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:28 am

You are not gonna walk out cj don't even lie. Lol. But yeah, I would rather her not die yet, lol.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:56 pm

If she does get killed, I just hope it won't be as insulting as the way JLC got killed in Halloween Resurrection, either way she won't as good as taking on killers as she was in the previous films, ten years of peace will make her a bit rusty at fighting I imagine.

Didn't Kevin say a while ago that it won't be in 3D?
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Kevin said that he basically NEEDED Sidney for him to continue with the script, so I doubt she is the opening victim.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

Taylor
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby Taylor » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Glad that it's not going to be in 3D. Definately would not enjoy the film as much, it can ruin good films if they are in 3D. In my opinion. Kvb
signature thanks to stuandbilly

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Fri May 21, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm glad Scream is not going to be in 3D. Scream just doesn't fit into a 3D type movie just as Kevin said.

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Thu May 27, 2010 5:06 am

GOOD! first CGI ruined movies now this!!!

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Thu May 27, 2010 2:48 pm

No 3D is good for Scream 4. While it may work for other movies just not for Scream.

The CGI reminds me when Lucas decided to make changes to the original Star Wars trilogy. If it's not broken then it doesn't need fixing.

silverhairedghost
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby silverhairedghost » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Good no 3d. I get sick watching 3d movies for some odd reason. If they did release it in 3d I think we would have the choice of both 3d and 2d to watch so I don't think it would have been that big a problem. Maskblue
[img]http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo61/silverhairedghost/Predator2_scene_02.jpg[/img]

My YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/silverhairedghost

stuandbilly
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby stuandbilly » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:57 pm

I dont know why companies think that everyone wants to watch a poor 2d to 3d conversion on every movie coming out in the near future and charge 4 bucks more. shrek? there was barely anything in the film that utilized it, surely it was an after thought. Aside from a few ghostface in your face action, scream movies dont translate to 3d at all. OMG ITS LYKE SIDS POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!
When I wear this badge, You treat Me like a man of the law!