Why The Hate For Scream 3?

Talk about Scream 3 here.

Moderator: Ghostface

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Why The Hate For Scream 3?

Postby cj13 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:59 pm

i know most don't hate scream 3 but a lot think it was a let down or was not good as the first to
i do not get it. i know Kevin did not write scream 3 and a lot of us were mad about that but i think it turned out just as amazing as the other 2 i love each of the films in the scream trilogy equally i could never and i love scream 3. so why do you love/hate/think its a let down?

i love it becuase the trilogy to me was leading up to Hollywood and i love the story there were twists and turns and to me its terrific.

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Re: Why The Hate For Scream 3?

Postby ScreamKing » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:28 pm

I love it mostly due to nostalgic value I think. I was 10 when it came out and it was the first/only Scream I saw in the theaters so it still has its place in my heart, ahha. It just wasn't scary at all like the first two were, and the lack of violence was disappointing. Also, I just thought the whole "I'm your stepbrother" was a little too corny. Keep in mind, I still loooooove Scream 3, but if I were older at the time, I would have been rather disappointed I think. I wouldn't hate it, I just wouldn't love it. It really needed more time/work with the script. The only really good thing to come out of the script was Jennifer Jolie, ahha she was hilarious, I'm sorry.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:14 pm

yes she was an awesome character and i mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i respect their opinion i just want to know why just to clear that up

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:46 am

Kvb Well, where to start, when i first saw Scream 3 at the beginning i was very excited,Cotton was back and in trouble already,after him and Christine die i was a bit gutted because Cotton had revamped himself and done ok,from there the film went slow and steady, we hardly saw Sid much and Gale looked daft with her black long hair and Dewey was the only other one i was happy to see return who looked normal compared to Gale's horrible make over,on viewing of the trailer i had it in my head that Sid had progressed in life to become an actress like she was in "2" and i thought when seeing her recognize the voice in the clip that she may have been on a set encountering Ghostface whilst trying to complete a movie scene or something,and then obviously it carried on how it goes and it wasn't anything like it.I thought having a Stab 3 movie wasn't bad but wasn't good either because not many of the characters are around long enough for us to get to know them properly,where as in the other 2 films we just knew them better for the reason of Kevin's writing style i feel,so when Sarah,Tom,Stone,Angelina,Tyson,Jennifer and even Milton die i didn't really care.. where as in Scream 2 i didn't want Cici,Derek,or even Randy to die as the characters were more down to earth and fitted in more.. but on the whole i felt Scream 3 lacked alot of suspense and good chase scenes,we just see 5 originals back again (OK,so Randy and Cotton aren't on long) surrounded by a bunch of heartless newbie actors for Stab 3,if they could have got Tori Spelling and David Schwimmer it may have been better for the film within a film characters,but even so IF Schwimmer had done so it would have been too much like "Friends" on screen with him and Gale.But also agreeing "SK" i thought the step brother thing was a bit weird,it WAS surprising and i didn't see it coming but it could have been better,i thought almost to the reveal that Sid's Mum had somehow survived and returned as a mad killer and also thought Kincaid was involved too because after the killer vanishes he appeared.I think most the idea of Hollywood and the daft actors though were what ruined Scream 3,should have been back in Woodsboro following Sid properly with her Gale and Dewey having trouble with owd Ghostface again.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:05 am

Ghostface you have alot of good points and im loving hearing everyone why but i dont know i just think the movie is great.

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:58 am

I thought Cotton dying was a good thing. Although I loved his character (his character arc in Scream 2 is amazing, loove the genious line "Gale... you were so instrumental in my freedom. You're not having character doubts now, are you?" Amazing). Anywayyy, like Randy's death in Scream 2, it let you know that no one was safe. I still think Dewey or Gale gotta bite it in Scream 4. We need that element of surprise.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:30 pm

haha same with me!

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:23 pm

i don't hate it, just it didn't have the special magic as much as the other two!

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:19 am

i don't know i still feel that "magic" for scream 3 Kvb SidP Maskblue and even thought kevin didnt write it he was one of the producers so he still had a say in what happend.

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Maloney » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:16 am

I certinalty dont hate scream 3! i just think scream 1&2 are much better then it thats all, but it's a good movie, in my personal opinion i think the end could of been a bit better but it was still great and i respect the film and everybodys opinion on it.
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:20 pm

yeah i agree and again im not bashing anyone who hates scream 3 or doesn't like it as much as the others.
that would be stupid. but i was just wondering everyone's opinion
but i dont know if this has been discussed (it probably has)
but does anyone know why kevin didn't write scream 3?
i remember hearing why but i forgot.
but i understand he wrote a treatment or something?
correct me if im wrong.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Kevin was overloaded with work at the time,so he had to hand it over to Ehren Krueger.

JohnStone1987
New Suspect
New Suspect

Postby JohnStone1987 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:00 pm

Scream III was epic but if Williamson wrote it it would of been better.

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Maloney » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:08 pm

JohnStone1987 wrote:Scream III was epic but if Williamson wrote it it would of been better.
A-men to that!
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

JohnStone1987
New Suspect
New Suspect

Postby JohnStone1987 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:29 am

Maloney wrote:
JohnStone1987 wrote:Scream III was epic but if Williamson wrote it it would of been better.
A-men to that!
Word! :p