MTV orders TV Pilot

Check for the latest Scream 5 news here.

Moderator: Ghostface

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

MTV orders TV Pilot

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Looks like things are moving forward as MTV has ordered a TV Pilot for a TV series remake based on SCREAM. So the potential to see SCREAM as a TV series is very possible. However the pilot has to be successful. Plus there is talks of Wes Craven is in talks to direct the pilot episode. We shall see what happens as lots is being said.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/ ... or-series/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ews-446563

IAmGhostFace
New Suspect
New Suspect

Re: MTV orders TV Pilot

Postby IAmGhostFace » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:46 pm

My opinion is a NO,

This is NOT Scream.
I was so believable today, wasn't I? I told so many lies that, I actually started to believe them. I really think I was born for this.

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Now on the news page.. Cheers Rich..

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:53 am

No problem Tim. Just doing whatever I can to help out.

At this point I have my doubts. Just has been said usually something that goes from film to TV doesn't turn out so well. Plus if Wes Craven isn't on board how do us older fans make the connection other than just a name? I guess you could say that the SCREAM that us fans of the films ended with SCREAM 4. There's a slight part of me that is optimistic and hopes it does well. Just giving everything around it doesn't get me all excited about it.

IAmGhostFace
New Suspect
New Suspect

Postby IAmGhostFace » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 pm

People who are saying "but Wes Craven is involved" as a reason that there looking forward to it seem to have over looked the part where he MIGHT be involved in the PILOT, thats one episode possibly.

Im cautiously awaiting for the first episode to air before i make a Final assessment of the show, but i dont want it to happen.
I was so believable today, wasn't I? I told so many lies that, I actually started to believe them. I really think I was born for this.

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 am

If Wes Craven was going to be directing it entirely then I might have more confidence in it. As of right now I can't. As a long time fan I am a little torn. On one hand I want what we had to continue however I do understand Wes is getting older and so are the other people involved. Not to mention Williamson can't seem to get along with the Weinsteins or get a full script complete now days for whatever reason.

I would like to see the younger generation enjoy SCREAM as much as of older fans do. The only way that seems to work is make it new again for this generation. I don't think a remake is ever the answer nor do I think shutting out the past history work either. By doing that you shut out the old fans who's been there from the start. There has to be some kind of balance for the old/new fans. So it's going to tricky to make it work. It can happen. Heck anything can happen. Just tough for me at this point as an older fan seeing it.