Scream 4 Reviews

Post reviews of the film in here.. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Moderator: Ghostface

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Scream 4 Reviews

Postby Ghostface » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Ok, now the film is out you can post your own reviews if you wish to.. ANY REVIEWS with SPOILERS in the topic titles and not in THIS SECTION will be DELETED and the user who posted it BANNED.

Obviously with it only being the first day of release there will be many users who should stay away from this section to avoid major spoilers but please keep topic titles simple like... "My S4 review" or something like it!

Thanks
KComm1

daltonio823
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Re: Scream 4 Reviews

Postby daltonio823 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:22 am

I'm not good at writing reviews, so I'll just say that I saw it tonight and I loved it!!! :mrgreen:
"This isn't a comedy, it's a horror film. People live, people die, and you'd better start running."

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:57 pm

It's decent. When I saw it at the midnight showing in Michigan, I left SOOOOOOOO disappointed. The tone of the film completely changed from the original trilogy. No longer did we have any intense scenes, or scary moments -- it sadly turned into a self-parody. I left the theater saying "Omg, I didn't think I would say this but this is my least favourite one."

Then the next day I was able to reflect on it... I forced myself to get over the fact that it had turned into a self-parody with little real scares. When I went and saw it that night for the second time, I actually really enjoyed it. The ending could have went so much better though... sadly, if you've been reading up on it, Kevin's original ending was completely different... so his ideas for the trilogy he had planned are now impossible.

P.S. Are we actually allowed to spoil anything in this thread?

But yeah, go in expecting nothing more than a fun movie and you'll have a great time.

Also, the movie is way too rushed. There's so many scenes they edited out for no good reason... it's the shortest film of them all, so I don't see why they couldn't add in the extra scenes we wanted. When we see a Scream movie, we want character development. Those extra scene would have given that to us. So I'm PRAYING for an extended cut on the DVD/Blu Ray release.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

scream_4_me
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby scream_4_me » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:32 pm

What was Kevin's original ending ScreamKing?

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:13 am

ScreamKing wrote:
P.S. Are we actually allowed to spoil anything in this thread?
You can post your thoughts on the ending or whatever but for now with regards to killer names just say alternate names of some sort like "Killer 1" or something.. i dont want the names popping up in google search results yet from this forum..

[paddii]
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby [paddii] » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:42 pm

scream_4_me wrote:What was Kevin's original ending ScreamKing?

I like to know that, too.

My opinion about the movie:
I think it was really really good. Not as good as 1 but better than 3 & 2. But it's definitely not the bloodiest (bloodier than 2 & 3 but not as bloody as 1).
About the scare-factor: I never thought that any Scream-Movie was really scary but all of them had tension and so did this one.
About the kills: I am very dissapointed with the "real" opening kill and some others. I expected them to be more brutal and bloodier (hoped for it).
About the fun-factor: It is definitely the funniest of them all. I laughed a lot of time.
About the killer: On the one hand it was really predictable on the other hand it was totally shockin (ppl who saw the movie know what I'm talkin about).
About the story: I really love how they turned a 90s horror movie into a 2010s horrormovie, that worked really well, especially how the teenagers acted and all that stuff. But everything happened way too fast. The movie could've been 20 minutes longer with more hunting the killer and thinking about everything scenes if you know what I mean. Also the motive of the killer is kind of lame, even though it really fits the 2010s. I wouldn't come up with a better motive in this situation but they could've worked the movie out in a different way. Also I can't see how they make 2 more parts.
Overall: One of the best Scream movies but it still feels like they could've done it better, soo...

my rating is: 89% (I'd give Scream 95, Scream 2 80 and Scream 3 85)

Ghostface94
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby Ghostface94 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 pm

I agree with ScreamKing. I was just a bit disappointed with the movie, but it was still good and I had a fun time. Here’s my review:
1. It completely and totally changed in tone from the original trilogy. I don’t really consider the Scream series to be slasher films because of the plotlines, backstory and character development. THIS was pretty much just a regular old slasher in my opinion because it barely had ANY of that.
2. I was so confused by the beginning and I didn’t like the ending. Ending coulda been better.
3. Ghostface appeared to have a plastic mask in this instead of rubber! WHAT THER FUCK!? Am I the only one who noticed that. It may just be me, I don’t know, but it looked pretty plastic.
4. Sidney was barely in this movie. WHAT THE HELL!? SHE’S THE MAIN CHARACTER!!!
5. There were so many new characters, yet, we knew NOTHING about them.
6. We all know why KILLER 2 was attacking because he/she was jealous of Sidney. But why the heck was KILLER 1 hacking people?

I am confused and disappointed by so Many things in this film. I was disappointed just a bit. It wasn't a terrible film, but it wasn’t a great film either.

SCREAM 4 gets a 6.5/10 from me!
"Gutted, slashed, the guy ain't in the union no more!"
Joel to gale Weathers in Scream 2 (1997); Dimension Films

hellosidney
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby hellosidney » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:38 pm

It was a fun film...
I'm feeling a mixture of disappointment, and also really wanting to watch the film again.
I don't know whether I feel disappointed because it's all 'over' now, or whether I genuinely feel like the film wasn't good. There are some bits that I really enjoyed, like Olivia's death, and the opening sequence - it was fun. It will probably get better with age, if that makes sense. I'll try not to dwell too much on it and just enjoy the film in its own right.

Ok, now... Tell me I'm not the only one that teared up at Sidney's first appearance? It was pretty emotional, right?
She's sweet, she's deadly, she's bad for your teeth.

GhostFace0095
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby GhostFace0095 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, in my opinion it was pretty good. It's not the best out of the first 3, but it was at least Scream. The critics claimed "Scariest one since the original". I didn't find this one to be that scary. The reason that it probably wasn't as enjoyable for me, I somehow knew Charlie was the killer, or rather now, one of the killers. he just seemed to have that kind of vibe coming from him. Although it was a surprise for me that Jill was the main killer. The other surprise was when the police officer, Perkins, got stabbed in the forehead. That was awesome! I've never seen anything like that before. So, that's all of the surprises and non-surprises.
The opening, ok, this was different. While I was watching it, in the opening to Stab 6, when the 2 girls got killed that quickly, I was like "NO WAY! That opening Sucked!" And then we found out that it was 2 girls watching Stab 6. Then when the girl in the pink shirt stabs the gitl in the blue shirt, I was thinking "They really reveal the killer this early?" Until it was the opening to Stab 7. And the real opening, more suspenseful. I thought it was pretty good. Although, if there is a Scream 5, I hope it makes up for this one.
The "false" ending, as they put it in the movie, brought back so much memories from the first one. Jill is a freaking Psyco. I knew Charlie was gonna stab Kirby after she untied him. In the hospital, I wanna know how the hell Jill survived that many jolts of electricity in the head? I'm not sure if it's even possible to survive that!! But, of course, a gun shot kills the killer in the end.
On to the funny parts. My favorite one was when Perkins is about to die, and his famous last words were "Fuck Bruce Willis!" That was Hilarious! Also, I liked it when Gale says "Clear" When Sydney is about to electricute Jill. I also thought it was funny when all the Reporters were asking jill what it felt like to be the hero. I give this movie 8/10 stars.
"IF YOU HANG UP ON ME AND I'LL CUT THROUGH YOUR NECK UNTIL I FEEL BONE!"

MichaelMyers81
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby MichaelMyers81 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:37 am

Fuck Bruce Willis.... Brilliant.

Loved the film. Cheesy, fun, brilliant.
Is that before or after you SLICED AND DICED...

MichaelMyers81
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby MichaelMyers81 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Ok, review time, a year later.
I felt strange watching this film in the theatre, as I watched the original as a teen myself and could relate to the highschool theme. 2 was brilliant and as a young man entering my 20's I felt a bond with Syd and her College chums. 3 was out there and I enjoyed it in a different way. But 4, I felt a little old watching it.. Like I was now thinking 'is she going out dressed like that''? (This is probably down to my two baby daughters arriving in the last 2 years.) But I felt younger than our holy trinity, so it worked in the end! But I thought it was even better a few months later after I purchased it on DVD. I love the movie, and the comedic moments were outstanding. The kills were brutal, but alas, I too did not have a single jumpy scare moment as I had in the originals.
So all in all, its Scream for a different generation, but as part of the old school, I feel there's still something there for us too.
Now bring on 5!!!! RNDY2
Is that before or after you SLICED AND DICED...