The Truth about Michael T. Kennedy.

Archive for Admin

Moderator: Ghostface

Mr. Ghostface
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Re: The Truth about Michael T. Kennedy.

Postby Mr. Ghostface » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:50 pm

wickedscribe wrote:I love the prevailing attitude on the net that everything has to be short and quick, in and out like fast food. No wonder it's so easy for people to be gamed by no-hit-wonders like Michael T. Kennedy. Attention spans - widen them and receive the full benefits!
Couldn't agree more. I know my posts were very long, but I do hate the general attitude on the internet (especially message boards) these days. It's like, if your post is more than one paragraph it's "too long" and people don't even bother to read it.

I swear if you were to take one of my long, detailed posts that expose Michael as a fraud, and Michael posted a one sentence reply saying something like "Looks like I might have a chance to write Scream 6 if Kevin backs out", then people would only latch on to his bullshit because "it's short and sweet". It's so fucking lame.

Just like movies today. I remember when 3+ hours was considered a "long" movie. Nowadays, people want shit short and quick, and any movie over 90 fucking minutes is generally considered "too long".

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Maloney » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Why is everyone arguing about this? either way, everyone on this forum has their own opinion about Michael and maybe he did fool some people out there that he was actully going to get his script sent and read over but at the time we had no news and nothing on Scream 4 and everyone was just happy to see some movement on Scre4m and reading the script was fun for people even if it was shit or not.

Why does it even matter now? Kevin has wrote the script and it's being filmed as we speak, So either way Michael is the past, like him or not he has nothing to do with the film so theres no bother about it.
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

ruive05
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby ruive05 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Mr. Ghostface wrote:
wickedscribe wrote:I love the prevailing attitude on the net that everything has to be short and quick, in and out like fast food. No wonder it's so easy for people to be gamed by no-hit-wonders like Michael T. Kennedy. Attention spans - widen them and receive the full benefits!
Couldn't agree more. I know my posts were very long, but I do hate the general attitude on the internet (especially message boards) these days. It's like, if your post is more than one paragraph it's "too long" and people don't even bother to read it.

I swear if you were to take one of my long, detailed posts that expose Michael as a fraud, and Michael posted a one sentence reply saying something like "Looks like I might have a chance to write Scream 6 if Kevin backs out", then people would only latch on to his bullshit because "it's short and sweet". It's so fucking lame.

Just like movies today. I remember when 3+ hours was considered a "long" movie. Nowadays, people want shit short and quick, and any movie over 90 fucking minutes is generally considered "too long".
Nah, because I feel that you spent a lot of time on making a fairly straight forward point doesn't mean I don't like long posts in general.

The content should always match the length, there is nothing wrong with a 3 hour movie, if it has the content to keep it going for 3 hours (see LOTR, Godfather, Schindler's list etc. etc.) but no reason to make a good 90 minute movie an drawn out 3 hour movie if it doesn't have the qualities to be one.

I do feel you have a valid point, merely stating that you could have conveyed it much more condensed.