How is Scream 4 going to be in theaters by 2010???

Talk about Scream 4 here.

Moderator: Ghostface

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

How is Scream 4 going to be in theaters by 2010???

Postby Screambuff » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Here is something I just thought of , In Imdb Scream 4 is slated to start filming in May this year. Knowing a good amount about the filming process TELL me how the heck will they get this in theater by 2010 same year??????????? No way it will be by october that some people have said . Even by the Holiday season this year nov-dec Would be rushed!! I really hope this is not rushed to market or BECOME A STRAIGHT TO DVD!!! . I would imagine with the Weinstein machine producing it they would want to market the film at least a year out!!! And have the merchandise lines NEW MASKS!!! lol But Really lets use our heads here, Now they have updated to feb 2010??? That must be 2011!!! They also have listed a new director!!! I think if Wes keeps playing hard ball, not saying he does not deserve it and gets dropped which could very well be the case!! This will turn from a POT OF GOLD for us fans to a dvd disaster!!! Sorry but we are now about in march and still no word .Forget 2010 seeing this on the big screen :( Unless what I fear and the Weinsteins or Miramax or whomever is putting the money up for this film is setting it up to fail! If you don't start showing small bits of teasers at least several months Or even year plus before a film comes out the fan base has no idea and the movie TANKS!!! Maybe wes knows something we don't!! lets hope they think about us FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: How is Scream 4 going to be in theaters by 2010???

Postby cj13 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:02 pm

i think its enough time for example halloween 2 was filming in February and came out in august

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:35 am

Dude... lol it's not going to go direct to dvd. No way would it do that. If Jason X can make it into theaters, sure as hell Scream 4 with all the returning cast will make it to the big screen. It's quite obvious. As for a 2010 release, a December 2010 release is possible if they actually begin filming in may. It would only take a couple months to film. The trailer would be out be October and we're good.

But if it doesn't begin filming in May, we'll most likey see a 2011 release which I hope doesn't happen.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:14 am

I hear you guys but I have a bad feeling on this
and if he does not sign soon we are in trouble!!!!
The returning cast is great don't get me wrong and they have had there day in the sun,
but none of them are considered A- list actors at this point . The planets all got in line for this but. I just have a bad feeling the Weinsteins for what ever reason maybe Wes wants back end money on this film / meaning a slice of the profits or they are just trying to cheap him . But this long and he has not signed is a horrible sign!!! Its not like you can say lets start filing in may we have till end of april to get him on board , you have to get things into place before hand
Lets just hope!!!!

JohnStone1987
New Suspect
New Suspect

Postby JohnStone1987 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:42 pm

It films in May. So before it hits theaters in October, That gives them 4 months for everything. Shooting,Editing,etc.

If it's straight to DVD i'm gonna be pissed lol.

MichaelMyers81
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby MichaelMyers81 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Having just gotten a tattoo of my main motherfucker Ghostface, I'm gonna be major pissed if this is a quick straight to video punk ass trilogy...
Someone could get hurt... KComm1
Is that before or after you SLICED AND DICED...

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:28 am

I can guarantee it wouldn't be direct to dvd... but I'm unfortuantly starting to doubt if this movie will even come out this year... we need news. The long wait is annoying.

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 am

Wes seems to be holding out and If they move one
with out him the movie is going to tank. Just not having him the studio
is going to loose a huge portion of fans they would go see the film. I said this before
this thing could go south if he jumps ship. Then the whole film comes down like a house
of cards. If they let the writer / dawson creek boy run with it and direct forget it this is going to be a joke. You think scream 3 got bad press and tanked ! THIS WILL BE LIKE BAT MAN AND ROBIN!!!! :Oo

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Lol... I hate to break it to you, but though there will be disappointment to us fans, we will still go see the movie. Most people really don't care about who's directing what. This is the Scream series we're talking about, not the Star Wars series.

Devils_Reject
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby Devils_Reject » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Screambuff wrote:THIS WILL BE LIKE BAT MAN AND ROBIN!!!! :Oo
:shock: Dude... Let's not say things we can't take back
"Be careful, this is the moment where the supposedly dead killer comes back to life for one last scare"

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:12 am

I hope I eat my words!!!! lol

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sun May 23, 2010 11:38 pm

I guess this is old news now. It's always funny how the first initial date always changes. It's definitely for the better though. Rush jobs on movies suck.