Sad news...

Check for the latest Scream 5 news here.

Moderator: Ghostface

BILLY93
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Sad news...

Postby BILLY93 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:53 am

Sad news...

Before the production of Scream 4, Kevin Williamson had an idea of revitalizing the franchise with another trilogy. After some creative differences during the filming and a not-so-impressive box office, the scenario has changed a lot.

Some news floated the web and this is what we have, by now: The Weinstein Company has interest in doing another sequel, there was some talking in finding a new screenwriter but there's no solid development so far. Add to this the fact that Williamson is very, very busy and took the serial killer concept to a new drama, now in pre-production (by the way, Scream 4's Nico Tortorella just signed on to this, and so did actress Natalia Zea).

AssignmentX interviewed the screenwriter recently. In the middle of it, the reporter asked about Scream 5: Generations (note: this horrible sub-title was used in Japan, but it is not official). Williamson was very succinct:

I don’t know. I’m not doing it.

Bummer. But predictable.

Art by: 4gottenlore

Thanks to: seathorne17
Source:http://www.hellosidney.com/node/1244

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Re: Sad news...

Postby Ghostface » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 pm

I just put this on the main news page.. Thanks though.. Typical Kevin!! :Oo

BILLY93
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby BILLY93 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:40 am

it mean that will be make scream 5 with other writer?

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Fri May 25, 2012 7:03 pm

It's not a surprise really. Kevin has done this before. If anything some may a little surprised it happened this quickly this time. Come to think of it I can't really think of anything right off that Kevin has seen through until the end. Nothing against him because he's very talented. However finishing what you start would be a good career move.