Troubles with Scream 4?

Check for the latest Scream 5 news here.

Moderator: Ghostface

ruive05
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Re: Troubles with Scream 4?

Postby ruive05 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:32 pm

I'd really love to know what's going on.. That tweet from Wes doesn't bode well. This is gonna be Scream 3 all over again :(

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:38 pm

ruive05 wrote:I'd really love to know what's going on.. That tweet from Wes doesn't bode well. This is gonna be Scream 3 all over again :(
Looks like it's a waiting game until we get an official word.

ruive05
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby ruive05 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Ghostface_Scre4m wrote:
ruive05 wrote:I'd really love to know what's going on.. That tweet from Wes doesn't bode well. This is gonna be Scream 3 all over again :(
Looks like it's a waiting game until we get an official word.
Indeed. This just sucks right now

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:25 am

Check what Cinema blend have to say... doesnt sound ALL bad... just some..

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Kevin-Wi ... 19393.html

KComm1 From Cinemablend
Just yesterday we told you about a report claiming Scream series creator Kevin Williamson was out of Scream 4 completely, and the script was now in the hands of Ehren Kruger, the writer who tarnished the franchise with Scream 3. As it turns out, the situation may not be as bad as we previously thought. Shock Till You Drop heard things differently, and here’s what they have to say:

Update 9:13am Pacific: Okay, here's what a source close to the production called to tell me this morning. Yes, Ehren Kruger has been brought in to do a bit of polishing. But no, Williamson isn't "out" by any means. As you know, he's also working hard on the second season of Vampire Diaries for the CW. While he's away fulfilling his commitments on that show, the production called upon Kruger to assist on the script. Some chatter about Lauren Graham's departure has made it sound like she wasn't thrilled with the sequel, however, it was another case of production scheduling and she's off to work on Parenthood.

I would have preferred to hear that the whole Kruger thing was 100% a rumor, but at least the script isn’t solely in his hands. But even if the screenplay came from Williamson’s pen and he’s just off working on Vampire Diaries while Scream 4 is filming, why bring Kruger in at all? Yes, it’s possible changes will need to be made as the movie comes together and Williamson may be too busy to handle them, but it’s still hard to make sense of Craven, the studio or whoever is calling the shots giving Kruger a say. Williamson better hurry up with Vampire Diaries and get back to the set before Kruger massacres his work.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:07 am

well thats good!!

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:18 am

I would like to wait on the official word if there is any before I get my hopes up. These unknown sources make me weary. If this is the case then it's not as bad as earlier reported. I still stick to it makes a good ploy to get everyone talking to hide who the killer in the film is and to get things done.

r.bridger
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby r.bridger » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:58 am

Marielle Jaffe on her Official Facebook page said:
Filming has been going great! We are so lucky to be in the hands of the mastermind, Wes Craven! Genius! :)
and
Every film has it's trials and errors, but we are definitely not in trouble with Wes Craven directing this project. He is a film genius! Kevin Williamson is an amazing writer as well- as we have seen with his previous work. I assure you there is no need to worry. :) Hope all is well with you!
Well, she doesn't say exactly if Kevin is out of the project, but she seems pretty happy with everything happening right now on the set.
[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/prinzefr/album2/scr2banner.jpg[/img]

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:00 pm

She could be generally happy with what's going on or totally oblivous to what's going on. If she is happy then it could be a good thing. I'm still waiting for the official word which should be coming in the folowing week according to Zap2it's latest update.

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2010/ ... -role.html

r.bridger
Scream Fan
Scream Fan

Postby r.bridger » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Yes, I think it's better to wait for an official statement. It's crazy how people are freaking out right now, especially on the IMDB board.
[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/prinzefr/album2/scr2banner.jpg[/img]

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:49 pm

r.bridger wrote:Yes, I think it's better to wait for an official statement. It's crazy how people are freaking out right now, especially on the IMDB board.
That it is! They are freaking out on Facebook and Twitter as well. Hopefully the official word this week will put things to rest.

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:51 am

Like in all honesty... I was the most pumped a person could be... and now I'm terrified that this movie is going to blow chunks.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

cj13
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby cj13 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:58 am

Hey now, on set it might be a little hectic but we have not seen the movie.
i will judge it once i see the ending credits...

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:34 am

Kevin split do to problems WITH OUR GOOD FRIENDS THE WEINSTEIN BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WANT TO CALL ALL THE SHOTS !!! WES IS FOLLOWING ORDERS LIKE HE ALWAYS HAS!!! AND ALWAYS WILL!!! HE IS A YES MAN! THATS WHY HIS LAST 20 FILMS HAVE BOMBED!!!

ScreamKing
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Postby ScreamKing » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:00 am

Last 20 films? Lol... Red Eye was his last and it actually did pretty well.

And you know what, I'm over it. Kevin Williamson isn't out, his script is just being tweaked during filming. It happens all the time, the movie will still kick ass.
Gale: Jesus, the camera! Hurry!
Kenny: My name isn't Jesus.

Screambuff
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Screambuff » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:29 am

ScreamKing wrote:Last 20 films? Lol... Red Eye was his last and it actually did pretty well.

And you know what, I'm over it. Kevin Williamson isn't out, his script is just being tweaked during filming. It happens all the time, the movie will still kick ass.
Dude is not being tweaked , cast members are not leaving the production when
a script is tweaked. Thats has happened, follow the bouncing ball and don't be a sheep
we need to trail blaze here and say THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! The guy who started scream does not leave a new franchise because a script is tweaked . The ENTIRE ending was change. The entire script was retooled . Did you like scream 3 ??? If you did cool
if not hike!! This is the last scream no more 3 films! . What was red eyes???