Members Joined but not ACTIVE??

Discuss all everyday topics in here.

Moderator: Ghostface

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Members Joined but not ACTIVE??

Postby Ghostface » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:35 pm

This is one mystery i have NEVER been able to find an answer to.. or even come close!!

This site gets lots and lots of hits every day/month, year... good feedback from many but the forum is always weird.. members always join often but hardly ever say anything!!

Can anyone say why this is???

Other boards which i wont name have RULES that are way too strict and dont allow Avatars unless they are only ONE certain size.. Banners not allowed in the signature.. and other daft stuff.. like ADS... This board has all of those banished.. so to any members reading this who are new or old to the board here please post away and make the forum worth being here!

RKIL

Maloney
Mutiple Murders
Mutiple Murders

Re: Members Joined but not ACTIVE??

Postby Maloney » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Yeah i've noticed this too, if you join here you might aswell stay and discuss scream with us all! We have all the newest updates with scream 4 and anything you didnt know about about the original trilogy!
"I'm gonna blame the movies"

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:03 am

I won't go into the details of why I haven't been here in so long but I'll just say it's been a life changing experience in a lot of ways. Now that things have sorted out and I've got some time on my hands I'll be able to frequent here more. I look forward to talking to all my friends across the pond again.

norwegianscream
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby norwegianscream » Sat May 26, 2012 11:28 am

Glad to have you back Richie :)
With so many bad things happening over at usmb, This is the place to be! :)
Make sure that the kids don't come over here and messes this place up! ;)
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some oozing to do..

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sat May 26, 2012 11:29 am

Thankfully this place hasnt had any bother like that... 8-)

Rockst908
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby Rockst908 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:57 pm

I have to agree. When ever I come on here, there's always a new member, and then I'll come back on maybe a week later and there aren't even any posts from the member. IDK why, but it just happens. I remember when I first got into Scream, I looked up pretty much every website for it and made an account but then I came across USMB and I made an account, and I said to myself, "Wow! There's so many members! There's always somebody online! I'll use this one!
Long story short, USMB sucks, and I got banned for a very dumb reason. I always hang out with my neighbor, Brendan, and we had a sleepover and watched all of the Scream films. He knew I was obsessed and had an account on USMB and asked if he could make one, so I let him and told him not to do anything stupid but of course he did, and they banned him and since were neighbors we had the same ip adress so they thought I was a troll and had 2 accounts and banned me. Unfair banning over there is a serious problem, but you guys are perfect and have pretty much no rules, so I can't possible fathom why this forum isn't more popular than The Ultimate Scream Message Board. Ohhh, I'm sorry! But i really needed to get that out. :/

norwegianscream
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby norwegianscream » Sun May 27, 2012 2:03 am

So far on this forum no fighting and shit has happened except one time when we had a member called screambuff, who started to argue with me and Nate Ragon..
This was when Tim didn't have the knowledge about the masks and stuff..
Screambuff tried to put me and Nate in a bad light, calling us scammers and frauds because he was trying to sell a ASIS mask as a Fearsome Faces..
He was in the end banned from here, because screambuff turned out to be (what I like to call our nemesis and enemy) Redneck..
After that this page has been a very nice place to be :)
This is my favorite forum, and I want it to be a clean and friendly forum where people can disscuss and talk about GhostFace and Scream :)
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some oozing to do..

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Sun May 27, 2012 10:51 am

Yes... i do remember 'Screambuff'... someone who thought he knew how to scam fans, but never realising that some fans were educated more in mask types.. i still have all the posts made and i believe his ban expired last April when S4 came about.. needless to say he hasnt been back.. and it can happily stay like it..

I dont know why USMB is so bad now... a few months back last year i was talked about over there because like 'Rockst908' an IP Address was the same as mine... a member over there said he knew of Williamsons script or something like it, it was then that 'WikedScribe' came in to the topic and said maybe more would appear in the famous video updates!! To which i knew then that he was on about me.. as a webmaster of a site it made me look bad, so i contacted him on it and a few e mails went back and forth.. he believed in the end it wasnt me as the IP location was about 30-35 miles from where i am... but the thing that makes it bad is that i wasnt ASKED about the info the other member supposedly had.. He just Assumed.. which shows that all areas were not covered in trying to get the truth.. thats why i dont #FF them on Twitter, and why i dont have the site linked from my site on the links page... THIS place like you say is how a forum should be.. just need more ACTIVE members now..

KComm1

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Mon May 28, 2012 3:02 am

I won't go into the details but I got away from all message boards. Got really burned out Plus I really hate the word "score" associated with any type of Ghostface mask that is added to someone's collection. So ultimately I needed a break to re-charge. Obviously I was still a fan just not at publically open about it as I had been in the past. I wanted to be a fan in private for a bit. So after some time I decided to come back. This was the first forum I came to before I became known in the SCREAM community. I like it here. Tim knows I'll help out anyway here that I can. I'll be on here quite a bit while working on a few SCREAM/Ghostface related things along the way. Thanks for the welcome back. It really means a lot.

Rockst908
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby Rockst908 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:37 pm

I really get upset when I think of the USMB. When everyone was accusing me, a lot of the members said they had my back, but when I was banned, they had absolutely nothing to say. They're bad. It was such a unfair ban. I didn't do anything, yet there was a member that was stealing other's fan fictions and calling them his own, was banned, and everyone wants him back. ??!!!

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:39 pm

I know what you mean with that place being unfair.. as i said before.. some thought i was under annother account there posting up BULL and all they had was an IP address.. an IP doesnt prove everything nowdays.. if it did loads of people could be in bother..

Rockst908
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby Rockst908 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Right. I feel really bad, it happened to you, too. It sucks..

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Postby Ghostface » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:50 pm

ive never been banned on there.. they just use crap excuses to ban i think.. especially in your case.

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 pm

From what I've heard it's pretty inactive. It's mostly just fanfics now. I don't know how truth it was as I resigned from being a Mod there and just got tired of all the drama that went on there. In fact that's the very reason I took a break from it all after the hype of Scream 4 died down. So after my tie away I'm back full force and as far as forums go I call this place home.

Rockst908
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby Rockst908 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:32 pm

^ I'm not so sure. A lot of members had like a thousand posts when I was a member, BUT the fan-fic section was always filled and then Fan Media and the Scream collections place was just left behind. I just don't see why people are so hooked on fan fics.