Sidney's Play

Talk about the first sequel here.

Moderator: Ghostface

GhostFace0095
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Sidney's Play

Postby GhostFace0095 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:52 pm

The question I have is this:Did Sidney see the killer just because she was paronoid, or was it actually one of the killers trying to kill her during all the commotion? What do you guys think? thinq
"IF YOU HANG UP ON ME AND I'LL CUT THROUGH YOUR NECK UNTIL I FEEL BONE!"

Ghostface
Admin
Admin

Re: Sidney's Play

Postby Ghostface » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Which scene do you refer to??? the one on stage??? If so the killer was actually there.. Wes answers questions from fans on his site and someone had a bet on this... link below.. its the second to last question.

ive copied and pasted it anyway.. but its on his site.. I think the killer was just toying with her.

http://www.wescraven.com/faq/

Question: : Here's a bet for a couple of friends: in "Scream 2", during the dress rehearsal scene of the play Sidney is in, she is surrounded by actors in masks and she keeps seeing the killer. My question is, is the killer really supposed to be there, or is he supposed to be in her mind?
Wes Craven:: No, the killer was really supposed to be there. We designed the other masks that looked very much like it and it was possible by ducking and weaving for the killer to remain kind of hidden and just appear when he or she wanted to. That was the concept at least, but you know, at the time that the scene is seen by the audience, and certainly by Sidney herself, it was meant to never be quite sure whether the killer was there or whether she was hallucinating because part of the plot device was that Sidney might be just going crazy.

GhostFace0095
GhostFace Collector
GhostFace Collector

Postby GhostFace0095 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Ghostface wrote:Which scene do you refer to??? the one on stage??? If so the killer was actually there.. Wes answers questions from fans on his site and someone had a bet on this... link below.. its the second to last question.

ive copied and pasted it anyway.. but its on his site.. I think the killer was just toying with her.

http://www.wescraven.com/faq/

Question: : Here's a bet for a couple of friends: in "Scream 2", during the dress rehearsal scene of the play Sidney is in, she is surrounded by actors in masks and she keeps seeing the killer. My question is, is the killer really supposed to be there, or is he supposed to be in her mind?
Wes Craven:: No, the killer was really supposed to be there. We designed the other masks that looked very much like it and it was possible by ducking and weaving for the killer to remain kind of hidden and just appear when he or she wanted to. That was the concept at least, but you know, at the time that the scene is seen by the audience, and certainly by Sidney herself, it was meant to never be quite sure whether the killer was there or whether she was hallucinating because part of the plot device was that Sidney might be just going crazy.
Ok, sounds good. That clears everything up for me.
"IF YOU HANG UP ON ME AND I'LL CUT THROUGH YOUR NECK UNTIL I FEEL BONE!"

Ghostface_Craven
Writer
Writer

Postby Ghostface_Craven » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:12 pm

So because it was a plot device you could answer yes and no and still be right. ha ha